Faith Chinese N.A.Baptist Church《Confession of Faith 》 （Introduction）
Having received God's gracious salvation and calling, FCNABC congregations ought to become "the light of the world". Through revelation from God we draft a systematic and concise confession of faith proclaiming the truth to the world as well as encouraging and reminding fellow saints to keep watch and stand firm in faith.
God’s revelation through His Word, the Bible, is the foundation of our faith, and the source of all truth and wisdom. We believe that “The Chicago Statement on Biblical Inerrancy” is the evidence of God’s mighty works through His Holy Spirit in His churches at the present time. It is by God’s gracious protection, His Church is able to hold firmly to the doctrine of biblical inerrancy, enabling us to discern all kinds of false teachings and heresies that aim to destroy the foundation of our faith, so that the Church may become “the pillar and foundation of the truth”, until Christ’s second coming.
FCNABC, as a member of the universal church, is blessed with the spiritual inheritance from the early churches. We firmly believe that “The Apostles’ Creed”, “The Nicene Creed”, “The Chalcedonian Creed”, and “The Athanansian Creed” declare the truth of the Holy Trinity and the two natures of Christ’s Godhead and humanhood, according to the scripture.
FCNABC, as an offspring from the Protestant Reformation, affirms that “The Heidelberg Catechism”, “The Belgic Confession”, “The Canons of Dort”, “The Baptist Confession of Faith (1689)”, “The Westminster Confession of Faith”, “The Westminster Shorter Catechism”, and “The Westminster Larger Catechism” express biblical truth in the most clear and systematic way. Among these, the Five Solas (sola scriptura - by scripture alone, sola gratia - by grace alone, sola fide - by faith alone, solo Christo - through Christ alone, and soli Deo Gloria - glory to God alone) are the Spirit’s guidances, manifested through the Reformation, to lead the Church into deeper understandings of the truth.
FCNABC, a member of the worldwide evangelical churches, recognizes The Lausanne Covenant for providing guidance to evangelical churches on the inseparable gospel mandate and cultural mandate in this crooked generation. FCNABC believes that God will protect His children living in the end times, who with their heavenly hope will become the light and salt of this world by taking up their social responsibilities, bringing glory to their God.
FCNABC, as a member of the oversea Chinese churches, confesses that the Three-Fold Vision, which includes the “Evangelization of China, Kingdomnization of Chinese church, and Christianization of Chinese culture”, is the vision and mission given to the Chinese church by God, and we will go all out to follow and spread. Therefore, FCNABC agrees with the Chinese house churches’ spiritual heritage -- that Christ is the only head of the Church, whose worship, teaching, mission, and governing ministry will not be ruled or manipulated by any secular power. We promise to stand with those Christians suffering for their belief in Christ as one body, prepared to pay the price of persecution. “[For] blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Faith Chinese N.A.Baptist Church《Confession of Faith 》 （Content）
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.